should you tip 1800GotJunk

Yesterday I was able to massively declutter my home. Unfortunately, a lot of it had to exist hauled away by 1800GotJunk. Therefore, I had to pay for the service. Every bit I was making out the bill, I found myself wondering, "should yous tip 1800GotJunk staff?"

How Does 1800GotJunk Work?

If you lot've never used this junk removal service earlier, hither's basically how it works:

  • You gather all of your items that y'all desire them to pick up.
  • And so you telephone call or go online to schedule a pickup fourth dimension.
  • They ask yous exactly what y'all're getting rid of.
  • At the scheduled fourth dimension, they come pick it up.
  • You lot pay a fee based on how much of their truck it fills upward. Don't worry; they do give you a quote before they get-go loading upwardly the truck so yous can modify your mind if you demand to.
  • So they take information technology all abroad.

Benefits of 1800GotJunk

I've used 1800GotJunk several times. Based on my experience, here are some things I like:

  • It'due south super piece of cake to book an appointment. I've done so both via phone and online. And I can normally go an date within a few days of the call.
  • You are assigned a commitment window. They call that twenty-four hours to confirm when they're likely to be there. I've never had them show upward late.
  • They transport out a squad of two strong people. They've e'er been friendly as well as efficient. Moreover, they've e'er gotten the job done actually fast.
  • I'chiliad able to get rid of everything at in one case. This is in contrast to trying to requite things away for free or take multiple trips to a landfill.

Drawbacks to a Junk Removal Service

Using a junk removal service is non my preferred style to declutter my habitation. Obviously, I'd rather sell what I tin can so that I can make money decluttering. At the very to the lowest degree, I'd like to utilise bulky collection pickup because it's costless. It's definitely a drawback to accept to pay people to haul my things away.

That said, it'south always a good reminder for me not to collect and then much junk. Whether it'south trash or extra appurtenances or any, it reminds me that when information technology comes to "reduce, reuse, recycle" that recycle is the last ane.

So, Should You lot Tip 1800GotJunk?

I've used 1800GotJunk several times. And to be honest, I don't think it ever occurred to me to tip before. I pay with a credit card then it's possible I automatically added a tip and just don't remember. Just this time I of a sudden thought, "expect, do I tip these guys?"

I think it occurred to me because 1 of the things I had them haul away was some actually nasty pet-soiled grass patches that were heavy and gross. So I had idea to myself, "they're good humans to be doing this with a smile for me." And so I thought I should tip them.

How Much to Tip Junk Removal Service Providers

And so I looked it up. On the 1800GotJunk website it says that tipping is not required or expected. All the same, tipping is immune and appreciated. They add together the following guidelines if you want to tip:

  • Tip the same rate you would tip a backyard care professional person or even a waiter.
  • A tip can be a reward for someone you encounter is doing a really peachy task.
  • Consider tipping when yous've got a particularly rough job – such as removing a lot of junk from exterior during really terrible weather.

So, basically, tipping etiquette is the same as information technology is for any other service where it's not required but is a nice thing to do.

I Decided That Yep, I Exercise Tip

Now I'll say that I tend to exist a heavy and frequent tipper. I mean, I watch my upkeep and intendance nigh frugality. But my values that make information technology important to me to be kind and generous when it's right to do and so. Then I err on the side of tipping in almost instances.

I tipped in this case because of that but also because:

  • As I said, they did a nastier than usual chore for me hither.
  • The team was really great, and I appreciated it.
  • Information technology'southward COVID times. They followed all of the protocols and were really prophylactic. They're doing a hard job during a rough time.

Would you lot tip a junk removal service provider?

Read More than:

  • How Much Money Should You lot Tip at Massage Green-eyed?
  • How Much Should You Tip Uber Drivers?
  • Practice You Tip Firm Painters?

(Visited 170 times, 1 visits today)